Here is a list of 10 ideas to honor almost every kind of Madison Dad this Father’s Day! Father’s Day is coming up this Sunday June 19, 2016. What better way to celebrate that special father figure in your life than spending time doing what he loves best.
1. Golf Dad-What better way to spend quality time with your
Dad than 18 holes of golf at one of his favorite spots? If you are budget conscious there is Vitense Golfland off of Schroeder Road in Madison. They have a few great specials for the big guy that include:
Buckets & Breakfast – $24. 2 Big George Buckets + Breakfast & Coffee 8 am – 10:30 am every day.
Buckets & Beers – $29. 2 Big George Buckets + 2 tap beers (or soda) available anytime.
2. Go Kart Dad-VRROOOM! Who doesn’t like a little action on Father’s Day? Take dad on a thrill ride at Big Chief Go Karts Wisconsin Dells at 1450 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy. The prices are affordable and the whole family can take part in a safe but fun ride.
3. Fishing Dad-One of the great things about living in Madison or the surrounding area is access to beautiful lakes. Catch up on life and enjoy the sunshine and fresh air. Bond with dad at his local favorite fishing hole. We love Lake Mendota. If you are OK with an urban setting Lake Mendota is the largest of the chain lakes in Madison and had some really great areas. If you prefer a wilderness destination to fish check out Kentuck Lake in June up by Eagle River.
4. Music Dad-Spend some time with Dad by making a trip to some of the local record shops here in Madison. Some options include Mad City Music Exchange, Strictly Discs, and Exclusive Company. We also love Ear Wax Records on State Street for the Dad that loves punk and metal.
Who’s playing nearby? Go see a live band. Madison has a thriving music scene. You can see local or national acts roll through town. Pick up a copy of the local Isthmus and see!
5. Art Dad-You and Dad can enjoy a day at Madison Contemporary Museum of Art or the Chazen to look at Dad “inspired” art. Or, take the local alternative route to art and visit some of the galleries around Madison like Hatch Art House on Williamson Street, in the Marquette neighborhood. June featured artist is Grace Lorentz. You can also check out HYART Gallery on Johnson near the Capitol.
6. Sports Dad-Tickets to a local sporting event are always a great idea or go big and get season tickets for his favorite team!
7. Beer Dad– Make your Madison dads day with a toast at a local brewery or beer event. You can even bring back a gift of his favorite six pack. If you are really looking for an amazing beer experience with Dad check out Hop Head Tours. Hop Heads main mission according to their website is “to provide fun, safe and educational tours of breweries, wineries, distilleries and related attractions.” This Sunday just in time for Father’s Day there is a Madison based tour called Country Roads Brewery Bus Tour. The tour starts at Wisconsin Brewing Company. Grab Dad and go!
8. Handsome Dad– Give the gift of less stress and book some time relaxing at a spa or even a professional shave.
9. History Dad– Take a tour of one of the many historical museums in the Madison area. Check out the Madison Historical Society and see if there are any tours of interest, you and dad will love the time together and learn about the past. A unique place to visit is the Wisconsin Historical Museum. For a list of history museums in Wisconsin click here.
10. Laser Tag Dad-You an dad can channel your inner warrior and take on a fun game of laser tag. A local favorite is the Ultrazone on Grand Canyon Drive on Madison’s west side.